Tuesday 22 January 2008

Lack of notes on installation procedure

Like I said in the previous post, I'm planning to provide a brief walk-through of setting up LVM on a LUKS-encrypted partition during a Debian "net install", if only to show how very comprehensive the installer is, and how usable - if you remain open to the information coming at you from that Spartan-looking screen.

There's one problem however. It was such smooth sailing at the time, that I didn't take any notes. Now, I find I'm not sure if I can reproduce the procedure off the top of my head. I should have written that blog entry the same day, really.

Here's the new plan: I'll set up the qemu emulator (yet something else to blog about!), then simulate a minimal installation of Etch with that, and take notes (and perhaps some screen shots). This will take a bit longer to come through though.

No comments: